Hey, What’s Cookin’?
Greens are a must at every meal for any m.e.l.t.er. But it’s not always easy to pull a salad together when you’re starving. So to make sure you get greens at every meal, prepare and enjoy this marinated salad that you can have for lunch or dinner over several days. Make the dressing on a Saturday, pull the salad together and dress it on a Sunday, and on Monday enjoy it as long as it lasts! Pack it in your lunch, have it as a side salad for dinner–or both!
Marinated Vegetable Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing
Recipe adapted from food.com
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey or coconut sugar or an equivalent amount of stevia
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake to blend. Refrigerate for 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- When ready to use, remove from refrigerator and shake well before pouring.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 stalks celery, sliced on a diagonal
- 2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 5 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup homemade Italian dressing (use above recipe!)
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, and toss well. Serve.
Photo from food.com