On today’s episode of the fat m.e.l.t.ing radio fitness podcast, Joe interviews Strength Coach & educator Brendon Rearick. Brendon is a certified personal trainer through the NSCA and a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT). He graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a degree in Kinesiology and later went on to pursue his massage therapy license at the Cortiva Institute. Brendon helps facilitate Mike Boyle’s Strength & Conditioning Mobile Mentorships, MBSC Thrive & Certified Functional Stretch Coach.
- Checklist for a great workout: Do I feel better? Was I challenged? Do I feel safe?
- Training to get tired/sore/sick not healthy long term
- When it comes to creating mental clarity, doing nothing is doing something
- Ask yourself: Did I get better today?
- Always weigh risk vs. reward, especially in exercise to determine if certain weights/movements/workouts are worth it
- Audible is “automobile university”
- Reframe your problem into something you can benefit from –> Brendon stuck in traffic vs. learning in car via Audible
- Create one word for the entire year instead of goals to set a focus for the year
- Habit stacking: Already drinking coffee, why not read 5 pages?
- Book recommendation: Go Wild