Ahhhhh! Here in New England, we’ve been enjoying a nice drop in temperature after a stultifying summer!
Cooler nights mean curling up on the couch with a good book or your favorite tv program–and trying to resist the urge to snack. But maybe you DON’T have to fight that urge, if you’re snacking on some wholesome veggies. Does that mean a plate of cold rabbit food that’s so crunchy you have to crank up the tv volume? Nah! So let’s have something warm and spicy and delicious–like these baked cauliflower bites!
Baked Cauliflower Bites
Recipe from: various internet sources
- 1 medium head cauliflower; washed, drained, and broken into large florets)
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted (or EVOO)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- low-sodium, no-HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) ketchup, for dipping.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the larger cauliflower florets into halves, thirds, or quarters, depending on their size.
- Place the cut cauliflower into a zippered plastic food bag; add the lemon juice and coconut oil. Close and shake well to coat the cauliflower.
- Arrange the cauliflower evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil. Sprinkle evenly with all the spices.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden. Serve with some ketchup for dipping
Notes: These cauliflower bites also make a great side dish for dinner!