Hey, What’s Cookin’?
Here’s a healthy dish suitable for a quick weekday meal. Skillet Salmon and Greens gives you a lots of protein, fiber, and most of all, FLAVOR!
I recommend keeping several bags of cauliflower rice and mashed cauliflower in the freezer at all times. Nothing is quicker than cooking up frozen cauliflower rice! It’s incredibly convenient, really delicious, and makes it easier to keep your dietary goals on track.
Although the instructions look lengthy, this recipe should take less than 15 minutes of cooking time, and be on the table in 35 minutes or less.
Skillet Salmon and Greens
Adapted from: a recipe by Martha Stewart
For the Sauce:
For the Salmon:
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Greens:
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package directions and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlice and agave. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Season salmon with salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil. Add garlic and bok choy; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until bok choy is bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Divide salmon, bok choy, and cauliflower rice among 4 plates. Drizzle salmon lightly with soy-lime sauce. Pass any extra sauce.
Photograph via Everyday Food