Hey, What’s Cookin’?
Caesar Turkey Burgers are a great weeknight dinner, especially if you use pre-made burgers. They cook up quickly on the stove or on the grill and are hearty enough for a truly satisfying meal.
I have heard that people think ground turkey is bland. In my opinion you just need to add the right seasonings to help bring out their flavor. Salt and pepper are a good base, and if you add powdered onion and garlic, you can really amp things up! And some shaved Parmesan gives even more flavor and emphasizes the Caesar flavor profile.
This Caesar Turkey Burger is different from other burgers because of the quick-n-easy cool salad that you heap on top. The salad & dressing adds crunch and even greater dimension. You’ll never miss the bun, trust me! This burger is also a good choice for meal prep; just keep the salad separate from the burger until serving time.
Caesar Turkey Burger
If you make the turkey burgers yourself, add the burger seasonings and minced shallot to the ground turkey BEFORE you form and cook the patties!
Adapted from: a recipe at savoryonline.com
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 romaine heart, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs minced shallot
- 4 tbs Caesar dressing; organic if possible
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Four 4-oz premade turkey burger patties (or make your own using 1 lb. ground turkey)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 salt for each burger
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper for each burger
- 1/8 tsp onion powder for each burger
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder for each burger
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, thinly shaved from a wedge (not granulated cheese)
- Add carrot, romaine, and minced shallot to a medium bowl. Add Caesar dressing and mustard and stir well. Set aside.
- Sprinkle each turkey burger with salt + black pepper on one side; flip burger over and sprinkle other side with onion & garlic powders.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and add oil; add turkey burgers and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers and divide the parmesan shavings over the tops.
- When cooked, remove the Caesar Turkey Burgers from the pan to waiting plates. Top each burger with 1/4 of the salad.
Notes: If you’d prefer to grill your Caesar Turkey Burgers, heat your grill to medium and grill the burgers 4-5 minutes per side. Plate the burgers, add the Parmesan shavings, and then top with the salad.
Photograph via: savoryonline.com