Hey, What’s Cookin’?
Baked salmon with kale is one of those amazing “anytime meals”. It’s quick to prepare on busy weeknights, and fancy enough for family or company dinners on the weekend. And it’s great for meal prep!
I’m keeping things short and sweet in honor of this sweet but short Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy!
Baked Salmon with Kale
Adapted from: a recipe from savoryonline.com
- 2 (5 oz) pkgs baby kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small navel orange (or a lemon/lime, if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the kale in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to kale. Using your hands, massage oil into kale for a couple of minutes and then arrange in an even layer on prepared sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon and remaining 1 tbsp oil to same bowl used for kale. Turn salmon pieces over to coat evenly.
- Arrange salmon fillets in single layer on top of kale. Rub salmon with the chili powder. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 12–15 min., until salmon is cooked and kale is crispy. Before serving, squeeze juice from the orange over the baked salmon with kale.
- Some steamed baby carrots or sauteéd carrot noodles would be a great way to get more veggies into your meal.
- Got leftover salmon? Serve it the next day over Cauliflower Sushi Rice and make a deconstructed sushi bowl!
Photograph via: savoryonline